This Aloo-Peas dry preparation is an easy and simple North Indian cuisine recipe prepared with basic ingredients : Potatoes and peas. This vegan and gluten free recipes makes and excellent pairing with steamed rice/roti for as an ideal lunch or dinner choice.
Potato – 2 medium size (diced)
Peas – ½ cup (half boiled)
Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Fennel seeds – ¼ tsp
Green chilies – 1-2 finely chopped
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Amchoor powder – ¼ tsp
Garam masala – ¼ tsp
Salt – to taste
- Heat a non-stick pan. Add 1 tbsp. oil. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, green chilies. Mix well.
- Add diced potato to the pan, half boiled peas, mix well.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt. Mix well.
- Simmer the flame & cover the pan with the lid.
- Stir occasionally & check if the vegetables are soft.
- Add the remaining seasonings & mix well.
- Cover the pan & cook for 1-2 minutes more. Stir it well.
- Add some coriander leaves & mix.
- Serve hot with a drop of lemon juice over it.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 100 - 110
- Fat: 7 - 10
- Carbohydrates: 35 - 40
- Protein: 6 - 8