Zucchini noodles with tomato and basil recipe is a fantastic choice for anyone looking for a healthy and nutritious meal. Zucchinis are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium, and are also low in calories and carbohydrates, making them an excellent choice for those watching their weight or trying to eat more healthily. The use of fresh tomatoes in this recipe provides additional vitamins and antioxidants, while the basil adds a burst of flavor and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Finally, the use of olive oil, a healthy fat, adds richness to the dish and helps to keep you feeling full for longer. This dish is a perfect example of how simple, healthy ingredients can come together to create a delicious and nutritious meal that is good for your body and your taste buds.
- medium zucchinis (2)
- medium tomatoes, chopped (2)
- chopped fresh basil 1/4 cup
- cloves garlic, minced (2)
- tablespoons olive oil (2)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler, make zucchini noodles out of the zucchinis.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the skillet and cook until they start to break down, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the skillet and toss with the tomato mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the noodles are just tender.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional basil if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl (240ml)
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 11mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 2g