Are you struggling to feed your kid a nutritious snacking item or an healthy tiffin idea to pack in ???
Here is an quick, high on protein recipe to meet your growing kid protein requirements.
– Rolled oats: ½ cup
– Boiled moong: ½ cup
– Brown bread/Multigrain bread: 4 slices
– Ghee: 2tsp
-Cumin seeds -1/4tsp
– Garam masala powder: 1/4tsp
-Chaat masala: 1/4tsp
-Red chilli powder: 1/4tsp
-Lettuce leaves- 2 (optional)
-Green chutney for spreading (optional)
-Salt as per taste
-In a vessel, heat 1tsp of ghee and add cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add moong sprouts boiled and sauté for 2 minutes.
-Add red chilli powder, garam masala, chaat masala and salt.
– Add rolled oats and 3 spoons of water and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Mix well and switch off the gas.
-Take 2 bread slices, apply green chutney on one side (optional). Place the lettuce leaves and spread the moong and oats mixture. Cover with another bread slice.
-Apply 1tsp of ghee on both the sandwiches and toast till golden brown.
– Cut into pieces and serve hot.
-In vegetables other than Lettuce leaves, you can use other vegetables of your choice like onion, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber.
– You can use a different protein source like paneer, chicken slices and tofu.
- Serving Size: Serves 2
- Calories: 220kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 30.6g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 10g