Pumpkin Tofu Curry
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Cuisine: Southest Asian
- Diet: Vegan
Pumpkin tofu curry recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor. The combination of pumpkin and tofu in a creamy coconut milk sauce, seasoned with aromatic spices like curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and cardamom, is simply irresistible. Hence its very healthy lunch or dinner option. Give this easy and delicious recipe a try and enjoy a healthy and satisfying meal!”
- Pumpkin is a good source of antioxidants, including beta-carotene, which may help reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
- Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all nine essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. It is also low in calories and fat, making it a healthy protein option for weight management.
- Curry spices, such as turmeric, ginger, and cumin, have anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
- Coconut milk, a common ingredient in pumpkin tofu curry, is a good source of healthy fats, including medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), which may improve heart health and aid in weight management.
- Vegetables, such as onions, bell peppers, and spinach, often used in pumpkin tofu curry, are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which can help improve overall health.
- small pumpkin 1, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 block firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- medium onion 1, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- tablespoon 1 grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- teaspoon 1 ground cumin
- A teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric, cinnamon and cardamom.
- coconut milk one can
- A cup of water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until they are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Now add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Simply put the curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and cardamom and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the pumpkin, tofu, coconut milk, water, and soy sauce to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Lastly, season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.
- Enjoy your vegan pumpkin tofu curry! It’s a perfect meal for a cold autumn or winter day.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl (240ml)
- Calories: 200kcal
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: Pumpkin Tofu Curry
I every timе used to stսdy paragraph in news рapers but now as I am a user of net thus from
now I am using net for ɑrticles or reviews, thanks to ѡeb.