One pot meals are a great way to save time and effort in the kitchen, while also providing a balanced and nutritious meal. This Paneer and Vegetable Stir Fry with Brown Rice is a perfect example of a quick and healthy one-pot meal that can be prepared in no time.
Paneer is a good source of protein and calcium, while vegetables add fibre, vitamins, and minerals to the dish. Brown rice is a whole grain that provides complex carbohydrates, fibre, and a range of vitamins and minerals.
- 50g paneer, cut into small cubes
- 50g brown rice, washed and soaked for 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, capsicum), chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Rinse the brown rice in water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds start to splutter, add the chopped onion and sauté until it turns translucent
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger and sauté for a minute.
- Add the sliced bell pepper, carrot, green beans, and peas, and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and salt. Stir fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the water from the soaked brown rice and add it to the pan.
- Add 2 cups of water and stir well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on a medium flame for 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Once done, turn off the flame and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 292 kcal
- Fat: 13.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.4 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 10.4 g