Jowar vegetable khichdi is an example of a one-dish meal or one-pot dish which consists of dietary fibre, water and nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals.
It is a balanced meal as it provides an adequate amount of all the essential nutrients needed for healthy growth and activity.
Jowar vegetable khichdi is also a low GI (Glycemic index) and low GL (Glycemic load) dish. it is best suited for those diagnosed with Diabetes as it can help reduce the average blood glucose levels and also prevent Diabetes-related complications.
Jowar grits : 30g
Moong dhal : 10g
Onion : 10g
Beans : 10g
Peas : 3g
Tomato : 5g
Palak : 5g
Broccoli : 5g
Capsicum : 5g
Curry leaves : 3
Green chilli : 2g
Mustard seeds : 1g
Cumin seeds : 1g
Ghee : 5 ml
- Roast the Jowar grits for 3-5min in medium flame and keep aside.
- Heat oil and add mustard, cumin seeds and dry chilli. Once the seeds start to splutter, cook till they turn golden.
- Next add the onions, green chillies, and curry leaves. Cook till the onions turn translucent.
- Then, add the tomatoes and salt, and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy, for about 3~4 minutes.
- And then add all remaining vegetables (broccoli, capsicum, palak, beans, peas) along with the moong dhal
- Follow this by adding the Jowar grits and cook for 2- 3 minutes. Add water to it and mix it well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and then lower the heat and cook covered until the water is absorbed and the grits are well cooked.
- Once done, serve with yoghurt.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 194.7
- Fat: 6.08
- Carbohydrates: 33.4
- Fiber: 4.4
- Protein: 6.94