Beetroot juice is an excellent pre-exercise snack because it is high in essential vitamins and minerals, which provide an energy boost and improve physical performance. Beetroots are high in nitrates, which are converted into nitric oxide in the body and help increase blood flow, resulting in better oxygen delivery to the muscles and less fatigue. Beetroots are also high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, which help to reduce muscle damage and promote recovery.
You’ll be able to perform better and reap the benefits of beetroot juice if you drink it before exercise. So, the next time you hit the gym or go for a run, try this tasty and nutritious pre-workout drink!
- 1 medium-sized Beetroot
- 1 medium-sized Apple
- 1/2 medium-sized Carrot
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 cup of water
- Wash and peel the beetroot, apple, carrot, and ginger.
- Cut them into small pieces and add them to a blender.
- Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the blender.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Ideally, drink the juice unstrained. However, initially, to get started, you can strain the juice through a fine mesh strainer to remove any pulp.
- Serve immediately or store in a glass bottle in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Other ingredients such as Spinach leaves, Black Pepper, Turmeric etc can be added to boost the benefits.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 0.25g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 1g