Hectic routine or work schedule does not allow you to plan meals ahead OR craving for an dosa but did not get the time to soak and ferment the dosa batter.
Try this quinoa lentil dosa, an quick healthier version which requires no soaking or fermentation.
- Quinoa- ½ cup
- -Yellow split moong dal-1/4th cup
- – Urad dal -1/4th cup
- – Chana dal-1/4th cup
- -Ginger chilli paste-1tsp
- -Cumin seeds -1tsp
- -Salt to taste
- -Oil/Ghee to prepare dosa (optional)
- Rinse quinoa and all the dals with water one by one till the water runs clear.
- Soak quinoa, urad dal, moong dal, Chana dal together for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, drain the left out water. In a mixer grinder, add cumin seeds, Quinoa and all dals , with the help of little water blend it into a smooth dosa batter consistency.
- To this batter, add salt and ginger chilli paste. Let it rest for 30 minutes, if time permits or else you can directly start preparing.
- Heat a non stick pan, pour in one big spoonful of batter and spread it in a circular motion like a thin dosa.
- Apply oil or ghee as desired.
- Cook it till the bottom of dosa turns golden crispy. Roll and transfer it onto the plate.
- Serve hot with green chutney or coconut chutney.
- Make similar dosas from the remaining batter.
- Rinsing the Quinoa thoroughly with water will wash off Saponin content in it. Saponin gives quinoa an bitter taste.
- Use vegetables of your choice as toppings to make it more healthy
- Serving Size: Serves 1
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: Quick dinner, gluten free, quick dosa