Made completely with real grated carrots and the option to add nuts or raisins, these cupcakes are always a hit! Soft, fluffy, Healthy, Sugar- free, Vegan and Moist carrot cupcakes!
Carrot Cakes became popular with the health food craze of the 1970s, although Jean Anderson in her American Century Cookbook says This carrot cupcakes recipe has began to appear as early as the 1920s.
These cupcakes are easy to make, versatile and utterly delicious. These cupcakes are also inspired by one of our most popular recipes! Carrot cupcakes are very simple to make and you don’t need any fancy equipment to make the batter. These healthy and vegan carrot cupcakes are soy-free and can be gluten-free and sugar-free.
- Wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Sugar free – 1/4 cup
- A drop stevia
- Raisins – 1/2 cup
- Applesauce – 1/2 cup
- Peanut butter – ½ Cup
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tsp
- Pure vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Carrot (peeled and grated carrots) – 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 3500F and place 10 cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then set aside.
- In a large measuring cup, combine all liquid ingredients (including carrot).
- Mix wet ingredients into dry. Blend well with a whisk and immediately portion into the baking cups and place in the oven.
- Add the grated carrots, chopped and floured raisins to the other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- If you have leftover Cupcakes, store them, covered, at room temperature for two days, or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can grate the carrots by hand, or for an easier option, use the grating attachment on your food processor
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 150 - 155 Kcal
- Sodium: 235 mg
- Fat: 5.9 - 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 4.7 - 5 g